Online Collaborative is an initiative that began at the American University of Beirut and now is actively expanding to different universities and schools in Lebanon. Online Collaborative seeks to group social media enthusiasts and experienced individuals in the digital media world to help promote proper digital citizenship through making the most of social media in the best ways possible. Spanning over 120 members, the OC has already organized many successful events and training workshops in Lebanon such as the Social Media Changing Lives conference at AUB in 2011, and Blogging Lebanon Conference in 2010. The OC also actively seeks to provide support to various local and regional events in providing online coverage and community crowd-sourcing.
- Chief Collaborator: Mohammad Hijazi @mhijazi
- Marketing Collaborator: Darine Sabbagh @sdarine
- Financial Collaborator: Walid Khalifeh @dashkoun
- Design Collaborator: Joseph Maalouf @zoozel
- Logistics Collaborators: Loulwa Kalache @pearlowa and Yousef Allam @Joesbox
- Honorary Collaborators: British Ambassador to Lebanon HMA Tom Fletcher @HMATomFletcher and Ziad Kamel @ziadkamel
- Advisory Collaborator: Leila Khauli Hanna @leilakhauli
- President of American University of Beirut Chapter: Weam Al Awar @weam_al
- President of Haigazian University Chapter: Armen Bakkalian
If you would like to start a chapter of Online Collaborative at your university or for other inquiries, kindly email us at ngo[at]onlinecollaborative[dot]org.